INFORMATION WE SHARE and OUR PLEDGE
We believe that your privacy should never be compromised. At the same time, we want to deliver to you the mortgage loan(s) and financial services and products you need to accomplish your goals. In order to provide these services and products, we collect information from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information you provide us on applications or other forms, such as name, address, social security number, income, assets, etc.;
- Information we receive from an outside company, such as a referring broker, lender, bank, financial institution, credit bureau, or employment verification vendors; and
- Information about your transactions or experience with us, such as property value appraisals, your payment history with us, etc. We use the personal information collected from you for the purposes for which it was collected (such as to provide you with the services you have requested), to respond to customer service inquiries, to anticipate and resolve problems with our website, and for our own internal operations and analysis.
- To assist in the completion of a transaction or request that you initiate;
- With your consent or direction;
- To obtain loan approval from our lenders and private investors;
- To companies and/or agents that perform services in connection with administering, processing, underwriting, and servicing your transaction or request;
- As otherwise necessary to service your transaction or request, or as permitted by law; and
- Government agencies or consumer reporting agencies for specific and limited purposes necessary to protect against fraud, and/or comply with a legal investigation or regulatory requirement.
We do not access information about your identity while you browse our website. You remain anonymous to us. While you view our site, our system tracks the pages you visit, the pages you download, the website you came from, and notes your IP address (but not your identity). We may also place a “cookie” on your computer that tracks your use of our website. A cookie is a piece of data that is stored in your hard drive. It takes up very little room on your system, and helps us estimate the number of Users that access our website and determine the areas of our site that are the most popular. We would additionally use this information to gather broad demographic information to help us decide how to better implement and customize User experience of our website, and for routine maintenance.
Information about any User that is maintained on our systems is protected using industry standard security measures that include but is not limited to security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. All data is protected using the most advanced methods available. However, due to the nature of the Internet, computer networks, systems and other factors, we cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on, or transmitted from our systems will be completely secure.
Finally, we reserve the right to disclose User information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Kenwood’s rights or property, other Users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. We also reserve the right to disclose User information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
Please be aware that we may provide links to third party websites from our website as a service to our Users and when you click on one of these links, you are going to another website even though our logo, banner or tool bar may still be visible. We are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those websites. We have no ability to control the privacy and data collection practices of such websites and the privacy policies of such websites may differ from ours. Therefore, we encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of such websites before providing them with any information.
If you came to our website through a link on a third party website, we may be required, as part of our agreement with that third party website, to provide them with aggregate data or some personally identifying information.
We provide Users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our affiliates. If you no longer want to receive future communications, please email notification to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and place the word “Unsubscribe” in the ‘Subject” field before submitting. Your e-mail address will be removed from our marketing list. Please note that participation in certain activities on our website may be limited if personally identifiable information is not submitted for the User.